Tuesday, December 4, 2012

And so time passes...

It's pouring today and I embrace it fully. Infact, I could sit in it like a child and just enjoy the soak. Our days are a swarm right now. I imagine a swarm of bees flying round and round to where they're almost a blur....except, no, that's not bees, it's only the Stasnys. I just want to warn that if you ever have a whim to build your home for all the good reasons there are for that, plan on it becoming your whole life for the next year. Sometimes I wonder, "what were we thinking???" But it's only a year, right? Maybe that's the hard part; making sure it is done under a year. Here's some photos of the recent progress.

Blocks are laid, dirt work is done, plumbing is done & now it's concrete time.
Justin did the blocks, dirt work and plumbing himself which I am totally proud of, and his dad made a trip up from  Texas with his crew to help pour the foundation. A big thanks to them as well.






...And now the framing...
.
Raising them walls...


 

And so here I conclude my update. If I may be so humble as to ask for your prayers over our family through this time. We really are scary busy, and sometimes it feels like the things that keep us grounded are completely unglued. I know that in due time we will reap if we faint not, but it's the fainting part I do worry about. :) The kids and I miss our hard working man very much; we miss him being home and our family dinners. We will also be traveling to Texas for an early Christmas with extended family within a couple weeks and ask for traveling safety and peace over the kids. I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving (we did and ate entirely way too much). May God bless you all through the Holidays as we celebrate the greatest gift ever given.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...