Thursday, September 16, 2010

Confessions.

G'morning! I have not checked my blog in awhile & realized I am behind on some very good reading; many of you have updated with two or three post since I've been on. I simply signed on this morning because I felt compelled to write about Confessing sins. I am not sure why this is on my heart so strong this morning. It seems as though it's not a very popular idea when it comes to Christians. Oh, don't get me wrong, we love the idea of a sinner coming to repentance. Or if we have been offended we love the idea of one  coming to us and apologizing. But for some reason, laying down our own pride & ideas of things and simply...apologizing is something far less thought of.  I have felt the closest to the Lord when I have let go of my own stubbornness and just apologized to someone for whatever reason. Even if I felt I was not the one who caused the discord or started it. There are some things that are bigger than our own justification of why we hold on to what we hold on to, things like; for the sake of friendship, peace, our own pure heart before the Lord, rest, etc. Or maybe because the Lord asks us to love...to love even our enemies. We may never come to a middle ground with someone on a particular argument but always ask yourself, does it really matter? It doesn't mean you have to let go of your convictions or concerns by any means--it simply means clearing your heart so that there can be peace between you and this person. Or peace between you and God. My grandma once told me "It usually takes the person who did nothing to go apologize and fix things..."  I lalso know that it is through 'His' kindness that leads 'us' to repentance...couldn't that same principle apply to our relationships. Butting heads with a person will never make them feel compelled to apologize...but through our own humility, we pray it breaks them and they respond in that same humility as well. There are also special circumstances where we never get an apology...even after humbling ourselves. This is a hard place to be. But I will say this, if you can stand before God with a clear conscious then isn't that all that matters? None of us will ever be able to stand before Him without the blood--Jesus is our righteousness. But in that astounding grace he bestows upon us from His great love, He expects us to extend that same grace. Yes, even if we're not the ones who are wrong....that will be in His hands....and knowing 'right or wrong' is in His hands doesn't it make you want to clear your slate and let judgement be His & His alone. I write this with no one in mind except myself. It was on my heart the past few days and I just haven't taken the time to blog. May we strive to live holy lives before the Lord and the Lord alone. People will stumble us. What matters is your walk with the Lord and holding on to His truth/Word. Who did what, why, where and when simply fades in light of His holiness & righteousness.

1 comment:

  1. I love what you shared here Krysten. We can't control anyone else, and you are so right, we are to do what is right, what our God has taught us in His word, how to respond to hard situations, through His love and forgiveness.

    I've been listening to Donna Gaines on "Living With Joy" radio.com, Phil Waldrup ministries.

    Yesterday she said something so true. She said when we became born again, we died(our old self), and she listed several things we have died to, and she mentioned offenses. Once we are in Christ we are no longer allowed to hold on to offenses. She brought up these verses-"But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you..." And also 1 Cor. 13, the chapter of love, in verse 5- "does not take into account a wrong suffered..."

    Once we belong to Christ, we lost our right to hold onto offenses. And so it is a great lesson to learn, what you've learned and lived out. If we keep a list of wrongs against someone who is our brother or sister in Christ we are not living out the gospel.

    What freedom, walking out the truth in our daily lives. It is a testimony speaking of God's grace and forgiveness.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...