Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Dragging it all out for the third time...

Good afternoon friends & family~ I do not feel very inspired to write as I normally do but there's obvious reasons for that. I did wish to catch you up & give you some insight as far as what's going on within the walls of the Stasny household these days.

We are dragging it all out for the third time. It feels different this time. Most of the baby furniture we started with was given to us. When I was expecting Lauren I made sure to spice it up & have it painted, etc. When I was expecting Liberty we drug it out again but it had been so long since we had seen it that it seemed new. There's a three year difference between Lauren & Liberty. So the thrill of dragging it all back out for the second round was like setting up camp for the first time. The third round feels as if I just put the baby bed up & I am now getting it back out! I wish I could post pics of each of the girls', perfectly themed  baby rooms so that you could see how funny & bare the room is now. Yes, it's different this round.

I watched Justin put the crib together last night for third time. It needed some extra screws & adjusting to be sturdy. I think with every baby he's complained about how we need a new crib but he'll make it work "this time." Since the crib was used when it was given to us there's no telling how many babies it's seen in its time. It has character. Once it was together with it's sheet & single blue blanket draped over the side, I stood there for a moment & paused. I remembered Lauren laying there. I remembered Liberty laying there. And I felt a little choked up thinking a little blue bundle would be laying there in about four weeks. I then watched the girls scrub it down with their little rags; how excited they were. I then stared at Lauren for a moment. My five year old. This was her crib originally. The car seat, stroller, bassinet, dresser & crib was all her's. Now here she is scrubbing it down for baby brother. You do not know how many times within the past two pregnancies I have thought about buying new furniture. Thankfully everything that was bought or given to us with Lauren was neutrally colored. So, here is this bare, baby room with its hand-me-down furniture, that did alright for the girls, and a small amount of blue laying around here & there; And here also is a family full of sentimental memories waiting to pass down this love. And I will be carrying my third little bundle home in the same car seat I carried Lauren & Liberty home in. There's just something about dragging the same, old stuff out for the third time....

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...