Thursday, December 8, 2011

My December

So far, this Christmas has been unforgettable. And Christmas hasn't even approached. I'd like to share a short story for the company Livefashionable. If you follow me on facebook you know what an advocate I am for them. I first learned of them through a friend last year, and this year was very inspired to do my Christmas shopping through companies such as them that help those over seas. We had plans of traveling to Texas the first weekend of Dec to celebrate an early Christmas with my husband's family. I ordered a few scarves for the women two weeks prior. Talk about some fast Christmas shopping. The week before the weekend we were supposed to leave nothing arrived and I had not received a shipping notice. I was a little worried because my husband informed me we would not be buying different gifts being these were already bought. I emailed the company who promptly responded. Supposedly a couple of the scarves I ordered were on back order and that delayed my whole shipment. I kindly wrote back and told them I must have over looked that & asked if  there was a possible way to overnight me two scarves, I was willing to pay! I also told them my dilemma with the trip. She wrote me back with this reply: 
Hey Krysten!  Below is the tracking information for your package.  We covered the overnighting costs so that it will get to you tomorrow!!  Thank you again for your patience with this and we hope your friends LOVE their fashionABLE scarves!!
I cannot tell you my surprise. What company would even care about your personal dilemma, much less pay your overnight shipping? After all, it was my fault for not paying attention to the availability of certain scarves. I share this story to say, I am now even more of an advocate for this company. May God bless them and what they're doing.
He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God. Proverbs 14:31

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                            
  This year we also cut down our own Christmas tree. What a beautiful, unforgettable mess it was!
I have never enjoyed the Christmas tree as much as I have this year. I felt like I was finally experiencing a Christmas from the heart. 
   The finished product. Not bad for us first timers huh? There were so many branches of cedar left over I was able to decorate the house with them. And this is not half of what we had to throw out.
         Sometimes at night I sit and soak it in. I think this is a first for me to. Sad huh? But true.
___________________________________________________________________________________
                
Before our trip to Texas my parents gave me my Christmas present early. If anyone knows me they know I love pictures. It's so well known that somehow that fact was brought up in my father-in-law's sermon Sunday while we were down. What's funny though, is as much as I love it, I have the worse camera equipment. It is an absolute pain for me to get pictures on the computer. I've had my sister's old digital one, that has no USB cord,  and a laptop where you cannot simply stick your camera card in. Therefore, I have been dragging out my old digital camera that is duck taped, using the usb to that one and once you upload pics to the comp with it, then you have to replace the batteries because one upload has sucked them dry. The night we were packing my mom & sister's brought me this; with the biggest smiles.      
The only way to show you a pic of it since I'm taking pictures with it. I love it and still cannot believe they bought me this. Thank you.
__________________________________________________________________________________ Also, this month, I discovered Pinterest. I do my fare share of browsing on there. I do not enjoy crafts & have always complained about not being able to sew. This month I hand stitched these pillows. Very beginner I know but I was proud and my girls love them.
  __________________________________________________________________________________
 I am going to share a handful of pictures that I thought were good memories from our trip over the weekend. After all, it is part of my December. Our journey there is always nice. The kids have always traveled well. This was Bub's first trip and he did great; in the car. Ha. An all time favorite for Justin and I is our mapped out Starbucks stop(s).
_________________________________________________________________________
101 ways to sleep in the car. This is 102.
___________________________________________________________________________________
A seven hour drive always ends up in music & acting crazy. At least it starts out mature & calm.  
Whoa. Hands on the wheel, please. But yeah. great drum solo. Erin would have been impressed.
                                                                                             
_________________________________________________________________________
Brothers. They just can't be replaced.
__________________________________________________________________________________
I'll hold your brother, if you hold mine?
                                                  
   -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 A grandpa holding his great, great grandson for the first time.    
_________________________________________________________________________________
A great grandma on the floor playing polly pockets with granddaughters.
__________________________________________________________________________________
A five and a six year old playing checkers.
_______________________________________________________________________________
Girls. 

________________________________________________________________________________
 TOMS for my girls. I liked this. 
__________________________________________________________________________________
Homemade Christmas gifts
and the cute little nephew who received this gift.

__________________________________________________________________________________
Little girls who love babies.

__________________________________________________________________________________                                        
Grandpas who sleep & granddaughters who pick.
_________________________________________________________________________________
 What I did most the weekend.
___________________________________________________________________________________                                           
Daddies pushing their babies heads down to keep them in a picture.
__________________________________________________________________________________
Hence the highway home.
___________________________________________________________________________________
 Children happy to see so much snow this year!
__________________________________________________________________________
Our first year of Advent. Justin made our candle stand.
__________________________________________________________________________________ Home from Texas and very tired. Justin bought me Chinese take out. I love him for it.
    ________________________________________________________________________________                                      
Christmas is also our annual family picture time. It's the only time of year I do family  pics. My sister, Erin, has taken them the last few years & does great. A very special year since we added the newest little guy to the mix.
__________________________________________________________________________________
This is my December thus far. We still have celebrations to attend & more memories to capture. I am so grateful to be soaking it in this year. Until it's time to share more, Merry Christmas!
__________________________________________________________________________________                                                         
                                                                  
                                                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...