Friday, March 2, 2012

Kingdom chatter; heavenly chatter.

Care to join me for some kingdom thoughts? I have been itching to blog for sometime. The childrens' schedule tend to clash with my creative/inspirational schedule, so days turn into weeks and then I forget what on earth I felt  inspired to write in the first place. Since I am not exactly in the most creative eloquence mode due to hurrying while I have a chance. I am going to just throw out there what my mind has been sorting through this past month. Ladies, we are so casual this afternoon that I don't  have a steaming chai latte to grace me through this post, just a bottled water that is dwindling down quick.

It all started when I had lost my wedding band last month. The story of the widow who lost that one coin and searched and searched till she found it continued to cross my mind as I turned clothes over, moved furniture out, emptied trash cans, etc. I was desperate, yet very hopeful at the same time. Funny thing is Lauren had mentioned the story of the lady who lost her coin and continued to search too. I guess my sweeping like a mad woman and panting through the house just brought the image of that lady to mind. Either way, I accepted it as confirmation and a good real life example of God's faithfulness. For her and I, both. This post is not meant to be about 'the ring', but it is a testimony that I should not neglect to shout out. After three days of frantic searching, endless praying and lots of faith building, I found it at the bottom of one of our laundry hampers. I found it at a time when I wasn't looking for it. That was the beautiful, breathtaking surprise. The best part of all is that I had emptied that hamper three or four times in the previous two days, as had Justin, and we never saw it. Tears, laughter and loud rejoicing followed that answered prayer. I promised Lauren I would rejoice greatly when God led me to it,  just like the lady who found her coin did. I kept my promise. I twirled. Kissed her a thousand times. Raised my hands and gave thanks, over and over again. A parable come true. God's word is so real, friends.



I feel a breeze, must be from my two youngest raising the roof letting me know they're ready for assistance. I will be back this evening, maybe with a steaming cup of chai to finish my kingdom thoughts. Of course, now that I think about it, the kingdom belongs to those loud little youngsters in the back, maybe they could give me something to bring back with me.



Here I am, the next day, with a cold cup of coffee. What is learned? You pick up where you left off, when you can. I did, however, get to sit early this morning and get my thoughts together while organizing some scripture and jotting it down on paper. Here is what I have concluded thus far about His kingdom.

It belongs to children. Is this why he said to have faith like a child? Or in Luke 9:48 He states 'Whosoever shall receive this child in my name receiveth me: and whosoever shall receive me receiveth He who sent me: for he that is least among you all, the same shall be great. Very interesting and thought provoking. I could really go into depth on just that thought alone. God sending His only son as a babe--a baby. But Jesus brought the kingdom and made a way for us to have eternal hope, I'd say he made His first appearing very humble and low and is now great! There have been moments I sat and pondered my kids; just watched them. There's a mystery about them that God sees that I know we as moms cannot. Something about the weak, helpless & needy, here lies the God of the universe's kingdom. Right in the middle of the messy, clumsy, precious, tiny people in our lives. Interesting that we live in a day where our culture hates them the most. They kill billions of the very life God has chosen to reveal His kingdom in. Children are messy. Children are annoying. They are a hindrance. These thoughts are brought to the table daily in our media--however, this is where His kingdom lies---one of the reasons Christ says 'they have eyes but cannot see, ears but cannot hear?' though it's in front of them, they would never see where God is being revealed. It is way too messy and much too loud and they can't see past that, lest God was gracious enough to heal & open their eyes to the unseen. God's way of saving us all? The promise of His son, a baby.

He also says it belongs to the poor in spirit. Psalm 51:17 says 'The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.' Isaiah 66:2 says 'For all those things have my hand made, and all those things have been, saith the Lord: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and tremble at my word.' Self explanatory I suppose. Stay broken before Him. The weak is where He's made strong. He can actually reveal Himself, His kingdom in the ones that are broken and know their need for Him. The ones who put their hand to nothing but long to be His hands.

'For thus saith the high & lofty One that inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy; I will dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite & humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite one.' Isaiah 57:15


Things He likened it too:
The parable of the sower--the word (seed) fell on all types of hearts (ground) and how each person responded and what they did with it.



The wheat and tares.



Grain of mustard seed. The tiniest seed and once fully grown the largest herb yielding plant. Funny how it's children/babies, the smallest people, and the tiniest seed. God is a mystery indeed.



The woman who hid leaven in three measures of meal. Interesting that is says "hid."



Treasure in a field.


Pearl of great price.



Net of good and bad fish.



And an householder bringing out of his treasures new and old things.



So we conclude; It's small until fully come, it's hidden unless sought out then found, It's mixed in with everything until fully revealed, it requires your everything....it is worth everything.

His kingdom is within you. What ground has His word landed on inside of you? I strongly advise you read Mathew 13 where He likens His kingdom to the many things listed above. But He also explains people's hearts in the parable of the sower and our need to examine ourselves. Remember, no condemnation, but a broken and contrite spirit is what the Lord loves. I can see why too, it's broken ground where the seed can go down deep. Strong roots. That brokenness before the Lord at times brings tears. The watering of this broken ground. This seed is His kingdom. The one that will flourish and bring our King to light. Be blessed. In your weakness, rejoice, this is where He moves. Feeling broken today? A contrite spirit? Contrite, meaning, feeling regret and sorrow for one's sins or offenses; penitent. Or arising from or expressing contrition. His grace is sufficient. It's sufficient, friends. Children, brokenness, contrite spirit...rejoice, you're bringing in the kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...